I think it has been 6 years since I posted something…is that possible?
- A new baby (he’s not so new anymore now… he’s a hefty 5 year old)
- A hefty 5 year old boy who likes wheels and cogs and things to stick his little fingers into (so, handy enough, I have a loom around for him!)
- The same hefty 5 year old who likes to race his lego cars all over any warp you might think of putting on
- A job that pays the mortgage needs to be maintained too
- Lots of “hypothetical weaving” – That’s when you sit on the sofa in the evenings, (after you get home from work, collect the kids, cook dinners, making packed snacks, pack sports bags, finish homework, baths, teeth-cleaning, sorting laundry…etc), and while flicking on Netflix with the remote and your feet on the coffee table, you “hypothetically” weave something, while glancing at your loom from time to time.
In the “hypothetical weaving” category, I’ve done BOAT loads of weaving in the past 6 years.
In the real world, I’ve woven 1 scarf and stared at the same warp for the past year. BUT this week, things started happening. Something stirred within me – and I sat down to do some “proper weaving” for the first time in a long time….but now, I need to collect the kids and revert back to point 5 again for the next few hours…
Still, it’s a start!